Thursday, August 6, 2009

Waiting for baby


I am pregnant and officially past my “due” date as of today. While waiting for the baby to arrive I have had some time on my hands. I have recently been motivated to start a blog. While most women use that last spurt of energy before they go into labor by going into cleaning overdrive (we have all heard the story of the pregnant woman cleaning the toilets with a toothbrush), I think my energy is taking the form of getting motivated to start a blog. I have been debating starting a blog for many reasons. I like to go and look at other people’s scrapbooking and card making blogs. They are great to get ideas and to help get one motivated to work on their own projects. Hopefully I can do the same for you by sharing my projects, and we can all exchange ideas and motivate each other. One of the most important reasons to start this blog is so family and friends can keep up to date on the new baby once he arrives. Having a baby is going to be a life changing event, and I am sure there will be many stories to share. I have other “hobbies” that I am sure I will also share with you about in this blog including cross-stitching, cooking, gardening, reading, and college football (in particular my alma mater the Florida Gators). Of course there is never enough time to devote to all the things I would like to work on, and that time will be even less once that baby arrives. If only we could all be like Martha Stewart and have numerous hobbies, and get everything accomplished that she does (I just have to keep telling myself she has lots of people to help her). Soon I will begin the journey of being a mother and you can all follow this journey here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment